What's today's definition of Product Market Fit (PMF)? Here's my take using 10 simple milestones to measure progress towards PMF.
1. 10 unique visitors - Ok. Starting slow. Let's see if 10 unique people can find your site. Unaided. Through organic search.
2. 10 followers - real people who have given you their contact details (email or phone) or subscribed to your blog, video channel or podcast. They have given you permission to "follow them home"
3. 10 hand-raisers who've asked for a demo or a conversation about their needs. They filled out a form and asked to be contacted
4. 10 users voting with their time and using your product/service at least once.
5. 10 repeat users (renewals) who've come back and used your service at least one more time a week after they signed up.
6. 10 people who've shared your service with someone else (unaided).
7. 10 users who are now paying for your service (aka Customers).
8. 10 testimonials - paying users who are willing to say so publicly (a video testimonial or a quote).
9. 10 new customers who have signed up after being referred by one of your existing customers.
10. 10 weeks of churn below 1% (customers stay with you on average for two years).
Do this and you're ready to scale.