When you hire your first Marketing Intern or Junior Employee, here is a list of tools and training to help them get started. All of these are critical at some point in the life of a B2B SaaS Marketing Professional, and you might as well get started right away. Here's how.
- Analytics - Start with Google - The fundamental tool-set every marketer should master
- Inbound Marketing - The fundamentals of Scalable B2B SaaS Growth. Start with Hubspot’s Inbound Certification. It’s a great foundation and not limited to the Hubspot Technology
- Web Site Creation - Depending on the platform you plan to use
- Basic SEO Training like https://www.semrush.com/academy/
- Paid Advertising - Start with AdWords Fundamentals
Finally, as most B2B SaaS Companies use HubSpot, here is a blog with the Hubspot Training courses to start with to set up the CMS, Marketing Automation, Portal and Sales Tool sets.
After the fundamentals, I recommend exploring the next set of tools:
- ABM List Building tools: Linkedhelper and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Advanced Analytics (tools like Hotjar and Full story)
- Outbound campaign tools (Woodpecker.IO, Reply.io)
- Sales CRM: SalesForce, Hubspot Sales Hub
- Content Production: Zoom to Record all conversations and Rev.com to Transcribe into content
- Video: Wistia or Vimeo - Allows for great video optimization, Analytics, and SEO