Creating and maintaining an up-to-date SaaS KPI Dashboard is not the favorite task for most team members. If you do it, you might as well do it right.
- Accuracy - Always double check your numbers. Ensure your dashboard is dependable and credible. If the numbers are not correct, nothing else matters.
- Benchmark - Compare and contrast. No number can be reviewed in isolation. Compare vs. the past, compare multiple channels, compare vs. the competition.
- Have a target - Make sure you are always working vs. a target. Know what it is. Even if a KPI is new and you have limited data, you’ll need to aim for something.
- Provide insights - If your KPI is on track, explain what you think is going well and can be scaled up. If your KPI is behind, what is going different vs. what you expected?
- What’s next - How is your marketing plan this week going to help you improve your performance, or do more of what’s working?
A SaaS Marketing Dashboard needs to help you do your job better. It’s not just a reporting tool. It will help you focus and be successful over time.