Before targeting an audience, group of customers or prospects that have a need for the product, you should consider building the following campaigns...
5 Simple Questions To Hire A SaaS CMO
- What would you change about our website? (this gets to positioning, messaging, audience engagement, demand gen and PR)
- How would you segment our customers? How would you find more customers? (understanding of the market, product, the business you're in and growth strategy)
- How do you approach content marketing? (content marketing is both the most undervalued, overhyped, misunderstood and over-complicated part of modern marketing, and this question should yield at least an interesting perspective)
- What would your 30-60-90 day plan look like? How do you think about that? (what does she prioritize? Does she/he understand your needs/opportunities? Can your candidate hit the ground running?)
- What are the key KPIs on your Marketing Dashboard? (accountability and impact)