Stijn Hendrikse provides a quick overview of the four stages of growth that every B2B SaaS Company goes through as they build their SaaS Marketing...
10 Books Every B2B SaaS CMO Should Read
Jan 10, 2021
What are the essential readings for a SaaS CMO?
There are multiple marketing disciplines that will cross the path of a modern SaaS Marketing Leader.
Here are the top ten "must read books" that you cannot skip:
- This is Marketing - Seth Godin - The foundation of modern marketing and content (video).
- T2D3 - Stijn Hendrikse - The playbook B2B software companies use to get to $100 million in ARR
- They Ask You Answer - Marcus Sheridan - The only sustainable way to do real content marketing and SEO is to answer your audience questions...no brainer...but often forgotten (video).
- Building a Story Brand - Donald Miller - This book forces you to nail a simple version of your Positioning and Branding. It gets you started quickly with a solid foundation for the content on your website, your email campaigns and product branding (video).
- Crossing the Chasm - Geoffrey Moore - A classic that is foundational for every Technology Marketing Executive getting to Product-Market-Fit and to Scale (video)
- Start with Why - Simon Sinek's high impact work on driving Strategy from the essence of your customer's values and your own (video).
- Thinking, Fast and Slow - Daniel Kahneman - 528 pages of wisdom and insights from the inventors of the field of Behavioral Science. All books that came after, around the way people make decisions, price psychology, consumer behavior, and preferences, are grounded in this masterpiece (video).
- The long tail - Chris Andersen - Access to information and the ability to reach individuals with unprecedented precision has changed marketing forever.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion - Robert B. Cialdini - Building on the work by Kahneman and Tversky, making it specific to influencing behavior.
- Conversion Optimization - Khalid Saleh and Ayat Shukairy - Marketing is about driving people along their journey...this book is about that.
- Everybody Writes - Ann Handley - If you're not able to write, you cannot do Marketing. Even if writing does not come naturally to you, read this book to get decent at it.